If a filer suspects that The Court has incorrectly assessed fees, it is crucial for them to directly address the payment issue with THE COURT. Attempting to dispute these charges with your bank will not lead to a resolution.

When a filer initiates a dispute with their bank, and it results in a chargeback to the EFSP, the EFSP is required to promptly report any outstanding fees back to The Court, regardless of the reason for the dispute. This may lead to delays in the filer’s case, or The Court’s filing clerk may choose to mark the fees as unpaid in their Case Management System.

Furthermore, the EFSP may impose a fee on the filer’s account, equivalent to the chargeback amount, along with a $25 chargeback fee. This could result in the filer being unable to e-file until the fee is settled. In such a scenario, the filer should make the necessary payment in the application and then proceed to file a Request for Refund for the case.

It’s important to keep in mind that, as of now, filing a Request for Refund directly with the Court is the sole approved method for seeking refunds on filings. The Courts do not offer alternative channels for refunds at this time.